When we hear the term ‘exam’, we create a picture of a student. It happens to our mind because of the conditioning we have. However, what you need to realize is exam is not only for a student. It can also be for professionals working in the office and want a promotion.
Throughout life, you face various types of exams and you strive hard to get over them successfully. However, you cannot deny the importance of doing well in the exams during your student life. It can make or break a career.
Therefore, quite rightly, whenever we think about exams, we get a picture of a student. Now, here is a question that you need to ask yourself as a student. Is only studying hard enough to be the best in the exam? You already know the answer, right?
So many students in your class are studying day in and day out to topple you in the exam. Also, you are doing your bits and pieces like you always do to get over the line with flying colours. But, what is the one thing that can help you to assert your dominance over the question paper in the exam hall?
Well, that is the capability of your brain to function in high-pressure situations. So, you got to train your brain like that. You need to do everything you can to keep your brain functioning at its best. That is exactly where nootropics come into the picture.
Can nootropics help with exams? They certainly can help assist you with recall, giving you a clearer thinking space and reduce brain fog. You can obtain these by either eating foods that contain high amounts of these brain boosting benefits or by supplementation.
These supplements are creating a buzz and they can be quite beneficial to improve the cognitive abilities for a student. So, if you are jumping into start taking nootropics, let’s give you an insight as to whether it can make a difference to the outcome of your exams or not.
Are They Safe for Kids to Use?
You have to admit that the students’ ability to focus is as low as it can get at the present times. Also, there has been no era in human history when we are surrounded by so many distractions. So, students are bound to get swayed by those distractions which will ultimately lower the ability to focus for a longer period of time.
That is why parents are looking for something extra to alleviate that problem. Nootropics have been a prominent solution that adults are using. But, before you give it to kids; you have to be absolutely clear that it will not have any negative impact on your child.
For children, it is always better to rely on emotional support, motivation, and food for improving brain functioning and focus. Yes, you can give natural nootropic supplements to your child which can be highly beneficial. But you should consult with your doctor before taking any such step.
Why You Should Do a Practice Run with Nootropics First
Most of the nootropics are very much safe to take. However, there are some which can cause certain effects like:
- Fast heart rate
- Stomach discomfort
- Inability to concentrate
That is why you should have a practice run initially with the nootropic supplement to check out the dosage and its effects. Once you are sure about it, then you can start taking the supplement regularly.
Increasing Your Brains Recall Ability
When you are studying for an exam, you want to store everything you are reading in your memory. Now, at the time of the exam, you would want to retrieve that stored information. Otherwise, no matter how hard you study, everything will go in vain.
The ability to recall is one of the most important factors for a student’s success. Now, you have to realize that it is not always possible to have such incredible recollection power to score well in the exam. You can take the help of nootropics supplements which will improve the growth in your brain cells and will also establish a better connection between neurons. Thus, you will have a better recollection of memory.
Concentration and focus, these are the two things without which you just cannot expect to get the results that will satisfy you for taking the exams. Also, better focus and concentration will help you to study better for the preparation of the exam. Taking nootropics supplements can propel you in this matter because they are known for boosting concentration. Therefore, you can consider them after consulting with your doctor.
Is It Legal or Cheating to Use Nootropics?
First of all, every country has different sets of laws. Yes, certain laws are universal but most of the laws are centred on a certain geographical location. So, when it comes to nootropics supplements and whether it is legal or not, various countries have different takes on it.
For example, in the UK, it is legal to use Modafinil which is a nootropic supplement but it is illegal in the US.
Also, for the cheating part, various education specialists have different takes on it. There are many aspects that go into making this decision. So, you just have to think wisely before interpreting your version of the situation.
What is the Best Way to Take a Nootropic?
In the market, you will find different types of nootropic supplements. You will find tablets, capsules or even powder. Now, there are some nootropic supplements which you can take with fat-soluble elements such as milk. Apart from that, you can also take it with food.
Also, there are water-soluble supplements which you will have to take with an empty stomach. Otherwise, you will not have the best results. Furthermore, some nootropic supplements need to be placed under the tongue and wait for it to dissolve. It will make sure that the substance gets into the bloodstream instantly. Thus, it is better to follow the guidelines of the manufacturer to take the nootropic supplements in the right way.
Which Nootropics are Best for Studying and Exams?
When you are looking to purchase nootropics for your exams and studying, you will find a plethora of products which you can choose. However, knowing the right product to use is definitely very, very important for the safety of the student. So, here are some of the nootropics that you can use which will help you to perform well in the exam.
Taking nootropic supplements that are made with natural herbs is always better than synthetic nootropics. Baopa Monnieri is exactly that. It is made with hyssop which is an Ayurvedic herb. It has anti-fatigue elements that will enhance your ability to stay alert.
- Dosage for Students: 300 mg daily is the dosage that can be recommended for students. But, you have to check that 55% of the entire weight of the supplement is its active compound. But, if you look to take the supplement in its leap form or powder, it dosage might increase to 750 to 1500 mg daily.
- Benefits for Students: Staying alert is a good way to make full use of the time you are giving to your studies. Baopa Monnieri will help you to have that. It will make your synaptic communication way better than ever by making the dendrites grow better. Therefore, a student will be more alert and at his or her cognitive best while studying.
- Stacking: Baopa Monnieri is excellent in helping students to study. However, you need to stack it with racetams such as phenylpiracetam or piracetam for maximum results. This supplement will give you a boost in your physical energy and make you more aware of the situation. It is also helpful in reducing anxiety.
Lion’s Mane is an interesting nootropic because it is a mushroom that has tremendous medicinal assets. Various types of scientific researches prove that this supplement has got elements such as antioxidants and beta-glucan that can do wonders for your health and could also improve the workings of your brain.
- Dosage for Students: You need to follow the proper dosage of Lion’s Mane if you want to achieve maximum results. So, if you are using Lion’s Mane 10:1, then the dosage could be around 500 to 1000 mg 1 to 3 times daily. However, there are other types of Lion’s Mane that can have the dosage from 300 to 3000 mg 1 to 3 times daily. It is better to start with a low dosage by following the recommendations of the manufacturer.
- Benefits for Students: Lion’s Mane has the potential of improving the growth of your brain. It will make your cognitive abilities much better and enhance your memory power. Also, Lion’s Mane can help you to alleviate your depression.
- Stacking: Lion’s Mane is definitely one of the substances that you can stack with other nootropic supplements. If you stack it with the likes of Alpha GPC or Omega-3 or Aniracetam, you can experience tremendous cognitive functioning.
Your brain has various parts. The right part of your brain is responsible for all the creative and imaginative stuff that you do. Basically, it is the emotional part of your brain and Aniracetam stimulates this part of your brain to reduce your anxiety and stress. You will have more abstract thought and you will have the ability to think in a much better way.
- Dosage for Students: you already know that you should begin with a small dose as per the suggestions of the manufacturer and increase your dosage step-by-step. Similarly, you should approach Aniracetam and its dosage can range from 750 to 1500 mg.
- Benefits for Students: While studying, your brain requires more oxygen and Aniracetam will help you to boost the oxygen levels in your brain. Also, it will create stability in the glucose level as well in your brain.
- Stacking: For best effects of taking Aniracetam, you can stack it with Oxiracetam. Its combination will make your verbal communication better and you will have a better logical perception of the things.
Alpha GPC is a compound that exists naturally in the human body. However, it exists in a very small portion. Its main function is to make your memory power better and protect your brain from harmful effects due to ageing.
- Dosage for Students: The dosage of Alpha GPC will be around 300 to 600 mg daily. However, you can try a larger dose if you want more results and those who have tried it, have not found any such side-effects. So, you can increase the dose to 1200 mg which you can take it at once or twice (by splitting the dosage) without encountering any negative effects.
- Benefits for Students: Alpha GPC can increase your memory power quite a lot. That is why it can be very, very beneficial for students. Also, you will have a better comprehension of the topics you study once you start taking Alpha GPC.
- Stacking: If you want to increase the results that you can get by using Alpha GPC, then you need to stack it with those nootropics from the racetam family. You will notice incredible results within a very short span of time.
While studying, you can feel stressed up which will prevent you from focusing on your studies. So, L-Theanine can help you to reduce such stress from your mind. It is basically an amino acid that can do wonders by improving your focus and brain health.
- Dosage for Students: The recommended dosage of L-Theanine would be around 200 mg. But, you can easily find L-Theanine supplements in the market with a dosage of around 250 mg.
- Benefits for Students: L-Theanine can get absorbed into the bloodstream quite quickly. Thus, it targets the neurotransmitters and improves your attention and focus by helping you in achieving a meditative and relaxed mind while studying.
- Stacking: L-Theanine will make your mind calm and create a foundation through which you can focus a lot better. However, if you stack it with caffeine, then, you can also elevate your creativity along with that relaxed feeling.
If you are aware of Ayurveda, then you must have heard about Ashwagandha. This powerful Ayurvedic herb is popular for helping people in treating various health conditions. The restorative and revitalizing effects of Ashwagandha is amazing.
- Dosage for Students: If you are taking the powdered version of Ashwagandha leaf or root, you can go for a dosage of 1 to 2 tsp. You should take it twice a day by mixing it with milk, buttermilk, honey or boiled water. But, the most popular dosage of Ashwagandha is taking 1 to 2 capsules 2-times in a day.
- Benefits for Students: Ashwagandha can help a student to improve the overall functioning of his or her brain. You will have better focus, memory, reaction time, and so many other things that are highly beneficial for a student to do well in their studies.
- Stacking: You have to understand that Ashwagandha is very powerful. However, if you are still looking for an enhanced result from taking Ashwagandha, then you can stack it with Rhodiola. It will surely maximize the results for you.
Noopept is a synthetic nootropic supplement which you can purchase from the drug store as a supplement. One of the major reasons for the popularity of Noopept is its fast effect. While other nootropic supplements take hours to provide its effects, Noopept’s effects are visible with a few minutes after taking it.
- Dosage for Students: As Noopept is a synthetic supplement, it is very powerful. So, a dosage of around 10 mg to 20 mg thrice a day will be enough for you. Your brain can absorb the soluble elements of Noopept quite easily.
- Benefits for Students: The dosage of Noopept is around 10 to 20 mg per day and you have to take it three times a day. However, before taking it, you should consult your doctor first.
- Stacking: You can increase the results of Noopept by stacking it with other nootropics. Stacking with Choline will improve your focus, memory, and learning ability. Taking Noopept with Alpha GPC or Piracetam will boost your cognitive power significantly. Also, stacking it with Aniracetam will alleviate your anxiety and stress quite a bit.
Other Tips that Can Help on Exam Day
If you want to succeed in the exam, then taking nootropic supplements is not the only thing that will help you to achieve success. There are other things that you will have to do in order to do well in the exam. Here are some of the things that can elevate your performance on the day of the exam;
Getting Enough Sleep
Sleeping is very important if you want to do well in the exam. So, if you are not an early riser and generally go to bed late at night, then you should stop doing that. You need to get to your bed early and get a sound sleep. Getting enough sleep will nourish your brain and revitalize it so that you can perform better in your exam.
Eating Nutritious Food
Apart from sleep, food also plays a very pivotal role in helping you to perform well in the exam. So, you should not restrict yourself while eating at the night before your exam. However, what you can do is include some of the foods such as nuts in your dinner so that it can help your brain to function well. Remember, if you have to do well in the exam, you just cannot ignore what you are eating.
Staying relaxed, calm, and composed is very important in the exam hall. No matter how good your preparation is for the exam, if you get stressed out at the time of taking the exam, then the pressure of the exam hall can get the better of you. So, try to stay as relaxed as possible while taking the exam. Practising mediation for only 15 to 20 minutes every day will help you to have a relaxed mind in the exam hall.
The Bottom Line
Finally, if you want to do well in the exam, you have to act smartly. Studying for hours will mean nothing if you cannot recollect it in your exam room. That is why you need to create good habits such as eating nutritious foods, sleeping a good amount of time, and doing mediation.
Apart from these, you can also take various nootropic supplements which have shown great results for the students in helping them to recollect their studies during exams. However, before taking any decision on whether you should take any nootropic supplement or not, it is better to consult with your doctor. In this way, you will be on the safe side and reap the best results of taking nootropic supplements.