If you’ve ever listened to binaural beats, you probably found the track on YouTube, Spotify, or any other sound-hosting site. But, just like anything on the Internet, it’s hard to know whether your source is credible and will actually provide the benefits it claims. It’s completely reasonable to question whether or not the binaural beats tracks on YouTube actually work.
So, do binaural beats on YouTube work? It all depends on how the track was created and who made it. If the track has stereo sound and is within the frequency range it claims to be, you should have no issue benefiting from binaural beats on YouTube. But, the actual benefits you receive may not be what you’re expecting.
To fully understand whether or not binaural beats on YouTube work, it’s important to dissect what binaural beats actually are and how they work. This can help you to determine whether a binaural beats track on YouTube will actually work for you.
What are binaural beats?
Binaural beats have become an increasingly popular therapeutic method used to reduce stress and anxiety and improve focus and motivation. After experimenting with different sound frequencies that affect the brainwaves, people have begun to discover just how beneficial binaural beats can be.
Binaural beats are a simple concept, but it sounds much more complicated than it actually is. Once you understand how binaural beats work, you can use them more intentionally to get the results you’re looking for.
How They Work
When a binaural beats track is created, producers arrange for a different sound to be played in each ear. That means that when you listen with stereo headphones, each ear is hearing a totally different frequency.
So, what does that mean?
Well, when each ear hears a different frequency, it forces your brain to hear a completely different third sound. This third sound is what causes the positive benefits associated with listening to binaural beats.
What They Do
To fully understand what binaural beats can do, you need to learn about how the brain functions.
At all times, there are active brainwaves inside your brain. When certain brainwaves are more active, certain events and functions are also more likely to occur. For example, some brainwaves are more conducive to relaxation while others are more beneficial for improving focus.
You’re probably wondering how this relates to binaural beats.
Well, like brainwaves, soundwaves are also measured by their frequency. That means if you’re listening to binaural beats in the delta range, you can trigger the activation of delta waves in your brain and experience the effects associated with delta waves.
Types of Frequencies
When it comes to binaural beats, there are five common frequency ranges that can be used to target specific health benefits. Here are brief descriptions of each of these frequencies and what effects they may cause.
- Delta (1-4 Hz): In the delta frequencies, you’re more likely to experience a deeper sleep, which can boost the function of several aspects of the brain that are responsible for the release of chemicals and hormones.
- Theta (4-8 Hz): By listening within the theta range, you can reach a state of deep meditation, develop creative ideas, and even experience lucid dreams.
- Alpha (8-13 Hz): When you listen to alpha frequencies, you can help induce a state of relaxation, improve your focus, and reduce levels of stress and anxiety.
- Beta (14-30 Hz): The beta frequencies are most useful for learning, studying, boosting memory, and activating cognitive abilities.
- Gamma (30+ Hz): At a gamma frequency, you’re more likely to experience psychedelic effects like hallucinations and astral projection.
As you can see in the list above, binaural beats can help improve many aspects of your health. Knowing the frequency range of the effects you’re targeting can help you to find the right track on YouTube.
Binaural Beats & YouTube
Now that you understand a little bit about how binaural beats work, it’ll be easier for you to figure out whether or not a YouTube track is a quality example of binaural beats that’ll help your specific condition.
However, just finding a good track isn’t all you need to do. You also need to make sure you’re listening with the proper headphones, listening in a quality environment, and putting yourself in the proper headspace to achieve the results you’re looking for.
When you’re looking for binaural beats on YouTube, most tracks will be identified by their exact frequencies and the effects they’re targeting.
Here are some questions you should ask yourself before you listen to binaural beats on YouTube and while you’re trying to figure out if a track is right for you or legitimate.
- What health benefits are you looking for?
- Which frequency should you be listening to?
- Is the advertised frequency within the range you’re looking for?
- Do the track’s claimed benefits match up with the frequency range of the track? If not, you might not be able to trust whether this track actually is what it claims to be.
- Is it a stereo track? If not, these aren’t even considered binaural beats and you won’t experience any effects.
Asking yourself these questions and determining an answer for each can help you save time and easily figure out which tracks on YouTube are high-quality and can help you reach your goals.
Not all tracks on YouTube work, but addressing these questions can help you easily figure out which ones actually do.
Listening to Binaural Beats
The only way for you to receive the benefits of listening to binaural beats is by using appropriate headphones.
What does that mean?
Well, binaural beats work because they take advantage of hearing different frequencies in each ear. That means you’ll need a pair of headphones that allow you to hear these frequencies separately.
That makes stereo headphones the only logical option.
There are several other factors you should address in order to get the most out of listening to binaural beats tracks on YouTube. Take a look.
- Listen in a quiet environment. If you’re listening to your binaural beats in an environment that’s distracting visually or audibly, your experience will be impacted. That makes the best environment to listen to binaural beats in is quiet, dark, and free of distractions.
- Intentionally choose a track. You know what results you’re looking for. With that said, you should be choosing a binaural beats track that’s within your intended frequency range.
- Focus on the track. Simply putting on a binaural beats track won’t magically cure any of your conditions or symptoms. To get the most out of each track, you need to focus on what you’re listening to, attempt to visualize, and clear your mind.
If you want to experience positive results by listening to binaural beats tracks on YouTube, you need to make sure you address all potential factors that may impact your experience.
YouTube is absolutely flooded with binaural beats tracks, which makes it harder to figure out which tracks are legitimate and which are not. However, there are plenty of ways to tell whether a track is useful and how to take full advantage of the tracks that do work. Here are some pieces of advice for listening to tracks on YouTube.
- Figure out which frequency range you should be listening to based on your needs.
- Make sure you’re listening to stereo tracks with stereo headphones, otherwise the track won’t work.
- Find a quiet environment and visualize while listening to the track.