Human growth hormone, also known as HGH, is one of the most important hormones in the body due to its primary role in physical development. Because many people associate HGH with a youthful appearance and increased levels of fitness, some people have begun to wonder if there are natural ways to increase HGH levels within the body. Since binaural beats are proven to impact the release of chemicals and hormones within the brain, there’s an implication that HGH levels can also be affected.
So, will listening to binaural beats release HGH? Though you cannot significantly alter your HGH levels to achieve drastic results, there are ways you can use binaural beats to alter your body’s natural production of HGH slightly. Like all body functions, the production of HGH within the body occurs in the presence of certain brainwaves, in this case, delta. With that said, there’s an implication that listening to binaural beats within the delta range could trigger the production of HGH.
While you might have a general understanding of what human growth hormone is, the hormone is responsible for plenty of functions within the body. In this first section, we’ll review what HGH is and what it actually does in the body.
Human Growth Hormone
Human growth hormone has many responsibilities within the body. In fact, it plays a variety of different roles throughout the aging process. This explains why all different types of people may want to increase their HGH levels.
Though most people are able to supplement HGH via prescriptions or even illegally, there are potential ways to increase your HGH levels naturally through methods like meditation. Take a look at the vital role of HGH in the body and how this might be affected by meditation and the like.
The Role of HGH in the Body
As we mentioned earlier, HGH is one of the most important hormones produced in the body. With that said, here is a brief overview of what HGH can actually do within the body.
- Physique: In terms of your body composition, HGH can cause muscle growth, reduce body fat, and improve metabolism. This explains why HGH is commonly abused by bodybuilders and weightlifters.
- Youthfulness: Many people believe that HGH can reduce the wrinkling of the skin, increase energy levels, and even improve your sex drive.
- Bone Density: If you’re using HGH long-term, there is the potential for greater bone density. This can also prove beneficial for those with osteoporosis or other degenerative bone diseases.
- Grow Taller: During your childhood and teenage years, HGH levels in the body play a significant role in your overall development, especially when it comes to height. Low levels of HGH may lead to a shorter stature, smaller build, or other growth disorders.
These are only a few responsibilities that HGH has in the human body. Without adequate HGH levels, your development would be stunted and you’d be more susceptible to developing chronic diseases and conditions.
How Meditation Effects Hormones
Meditation can directly impact the release of hormones and chemicals within the body.
When you reach a point of deep meditation, your brain enters into a state of predominantly delta brainwaves. With the presence of delta waves, the areas of the brain that are responsible for releasing these chemicals and hormones become more active.
In the case of HGH, the pituitary gland becomes directly activated, which ultimately triggers the release of hormones like HGH.
There are limitations though. There is no way to control just how much of each hormone is released and the possible effects you might experience as a result. You should not expect extreme results or to be able to treat serious hormonal conditions with something as simple as listening to binaural beats.
Binaural Beats & HGH
As we mentioned earlier, binaural beats have great potential to alter the hormones and chemicals released within the body. However, there is a specific way to use binaural beats to target HGH release in particular.
Keep in mind that, like any supplementation or meditation method, there are limitations to what binaural beats can actually do. Though you’ll likely experience some effects, there are no guarantees that you’ll achieve the exact results that you’re looking for. With that said, there are also other ways to increase HGH levels to use in conjunction with binaural beats.
Does it work?
Binaural beats can absolutely impact the amount of HGH in your body, but just how much and what the results may actually be will vary from person to person.
If you’re already done growing and you’ve had all of your growth spurts, you’re somewhat limited in what HGH can actually do for you.
In particular, there’s absolutely no way for HGH to make you taller once you’re already done growing. Once all of your growth plates have officially fused, that’s the longest they’ll ever be.
However, HGH can help you build muscle, burn fat, and even boost your metabolism. If you’re looking to improve your physique and body composition, increasing your HGH levels can prove highly beneficial.
There is also some evidence that HGH can help you achieve a more youthful look. Due to this possible effect, you might notice some minor effects like a little less wrinkling in your skin.
Reprogramming Your Brain
Like any fitness or health strategy, the most important thing is remaining consistent. That means you can’t expect results by occasionally or rarely listening to binaural beats. You also can’t just listen to any track and hope it’ll work for you.
The best method is to listen to binaural beats once a day for 30 minutes at a time. You should make sure that the track you’re listening to is within the delta range (0-4 Hz), which is known to stimulate the pituitary gland, the gland that’s responsible for releasing HGH.
Other Methods of Increasing HGH
Though it’s evident that binaural beats can effectively alter your HGH levels, you should be attacking the issue from multiple angles. That means targeting sleep, exercise, and healthy eating. Here are descriptions of how each of these may affect your HGH levels.
- Sleep: When the body enters into a deeper sleep, delta waves within the brain become a bit more apparent. With more delta waves, your pituitary gland will be directly stimulated and trigger the release of HGH. In fact, many studies have concluded that a majority of HGH and other hormones are released while you’re sleeping.
- Exercise: There is evidence that exercising has the potential to trigger the release of HGH within the body. Though its effect is generally considered short-term, there is a potential for long-term effects with frequent exercise.
- Healthy eating: If you’re eating a balanced diet that targets all types of nutrients, your HGH levels shouldn’t be of concern. However, there seems to be evidence that consuming foods like fish, eggs, and even chocolate can boost HGH levels naturally.
HGH plays an extremely important role in the development and functioning of the body and it’s completely understandable that you’d want to increase your HGH for specific desired results. If you’re looking to do so without actually taking HGH (either through prescription or illegally), binaural beats are a great start. Here are a few tips to naturally raise your HGH levels.
- Determine which results you’re actually targeting and whether HGH would benefit.
- Listen to binaural beats within the delta range (0-4 Hz).
- Adopt healthy habits like getting quality sleep, exercising regularly, and eating healthy.